The 2018 outline PASTEL Saturday Club programme continues to be ambitious and innovative – with PASTEL club members joining in the planning, including risk assessments, and reviewing activities, looking for improvements. Some of the activities will reinforce lessons learnt last year.
Activities this year will focus on:
The activities planned for this year include:
The programme remains flexible and is readily adaptable to the weather and last-minute opportunities.
All these activities are designed to develop independence and help make friends by raising self-esteem and confidence, improving communications and decision-making and developing team-working skills.
Activities last year focussed on:
• Gaining confidence in identification of coins and learning their values
• Gaining confidence in using money in a practical setting, eg shopping in a supermarket
• Finding out the value of key food and drink items.
• Finding out how much it costs to make bread and cakes vs. buying them.
• Working together and developing skills budgeting and spending money
• Gain more confidence in going out and visiting new places
• Looking after each other when out.
• Established PASTEL members helping newer members
• Working together as a team
• Building up confidence to try out new crafts and skills and to a good standard
• Doing your best, whatever your abilities, see what you can achieve
• Participating in Christmas Party celebrations
The list of fun activities / life skills included:
Many of these activities are not mutually exclusive and are very much action learning e.g. when dealing with money matters members will discuss foods, their prices and then walk in to town to buy ingredients at the supermarket, walk back to the Fromus Centre and then prepare food and cook it.